Grit- The Power of Passion and Perseverance
20 Jun 2016
- Rough content:
- Goal hierarchy
- When being compared with the construct of persistence, grit adds a component of passion for the goal
- With hope / with purpose/ with calling
- Growth mindset
- Related to the five factor model (FFM) / a model based on common language descriptors of personality
- The five factors have been defined as , often listed under the acronyms OCEAN or CANOE.
- Openness to experience: (inventive/curious vs. consistent/cautious).
- Conscientiousness: (efficient/organized vs. easy-going/careless).
- Extraversion: (outgoing/energetic vs. solitary/reserved).
- Agreeableness: (friendly/compassionate vs. analytical/detached).
- Neuroticism: (sensitive/nervous vs. secure/confident).