Book title: Decisive: How to Make Better Choices in Life and Work Book by Chip Heath and Dan Heath
A few practical recommendations for rational thinking:
- Widen your options
- never only just two choices
- think about opportunity costs, or creative ways to get everything.
- Find someone who has solved the same problem in the same or different domain.
- Reality-test your assumptions.
- What would it take for your assumptions to be wrong?
- Can you test your assumptions?
- Attain distance before deciding.
- Get away from short-term emtions.
- Define your core priorities.
- Prepare to be wrong.
- Define acceptable operating boundaries.
- Define milestones that are acceptable operating boundaries.
- Set tripwires where you will check along the way.